It’s Not Much, But It’s A Start

Here we are again.

Once more I find myself guiltily apologising to no one in particular about my lack of activity on this sweet little blog of mine. A quick swatch of my last post notified me that it was written on September 8th 2014.

Didn’t seem like too long ago, right? WRONG.

September is not, as I though, ‘just a few months ago’. It is in fact SIX MONTHS AGO. It’s partly my own fault- I’m of the opinion that it was only New Year a few weeks ago. I’m still bearing the brunt of holiday weight and have been telling myself it’s OK, it’s not like I’ve had THAT much time to recover. Turns out I have.

I’d actually written a lengthier post that I was going to drop, detailing my whereabouts the last few months and why, when it comes to making myself write for fun, I tend to fall apart like a bad sandwich. I thought it had autosaved. It hadn’t.

So here we are again.

The point of the last post, for fans of brevity, was that previous efforts at blogging have faltered because I tend to get distracted writing about just one thing. I loved blogging about film at uni, back in 2009 when I still had to explain that it was short for ‘weblog’. When I graduated, I stopped, because quite simply my cinema habits had dried up in the last dying light of my degree.

When I rebooted this bad boy, I was committed to being vegan for a while. I tried hard, I really did. This was great for keeping myself on track, sharing recipes, making admittances to finding things hard and how I resolved cravings for cheese (at original time of writing, nothing. Now, Violife. Violife is queen). Once I started juggling a Masters degree with two jobs, I had less time to cook things from scratch and, yes, fell off the plant based wagon on occasion.I was tired of feeling guilty about it, and foodie things were taking up less of my time, so I stopped.

That’s basically what was a 600 word apology condensed into two paragraphs. The final thought, then. Why now? Why kick start a dormant blog? I believe the answer lies in the previous paragraph. “Masters degree”. I’m hurtling towards the end of my second trimester. The D-word is becoming a very real threat (starts with D, rhymes with shmissertation, don’t say it out loud). I want to be a good student and say I’m casually picking up my blogging habit because I’m studying journalism and it’s good to write.

This is partly true. But, like all of my assignments this year, it’s split 30/70, and it’s 30%. The other 70%?

I have five assignments due in the next month. Don’t say I don’t know how to do work avoidance properly.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *